National Ataxia Foundation
2600 Fernbrook Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55447
Phone: (763) 553-0020
FAX: (763) 553-0167
Health research association
The National Ataxia Foundation is a nonprofit organization established in 1957 with the primary mission of encouraging and supporting research into Hereditary Ataxia, a group of neurological disorders which are chronic and progressive conditions affecting coordination
NAF's programs, funded through contributions and membership dues, include:
- Encouraging and supporting research efforts to identify the causes and mechanisms of the hereditary ataxias, improving diagnosis, and developing treatment models.
- Locating families affected by ataxia or at risk for ataxia in order to offer information and education.
- Identifying needs and services for purposes of referral.
- Creating and making available educational programs for ataxia families, health care professionals, and the general public.
- Increasing public awareness of hereditary ataxia.